We will enter data collected for the urban form variables such as frontage or land use. This could be also done in depthmap or other GIS platform.
- Open “segment.graph”
- Export “segment.graph” as * “segment.mif”
*segment.mif is a GIS file that could open in both Mapinfo and QGIS.
- Table – > Import -> segment.tab with all the data
- Table -> Maintenance -> Table Structure
- Add Field A
- For each urban form dataset, create a corresponding column. For example;“Frontages”
- Type should be assigned based on variable type. For example if it’s a dummy variable where 0 = blank frontages and 1 = active frontages, it should be integer.
- Assign for each cell of each column the respective frontage within the study area. B
“0 = blank frontages”
“1 = active frontages”
- File -> save -> “segment.tab”
Press link for an animation of the steps.